Friday, August 12, 2011

Two To Sydney

This Sunday is the City2Surf run from Sydney to Bondi. I signed up in May (early bird registration) before we confirmed an Australian address. Most of the 85,000 registrants receive their bibs in the mail, but international registrants have to go pick theirs up at the Expo. Charlie and I made that our Thursday activity, making our way to Town Hall on the 376, with a bus driver who gave Charlie a Cabury's chocolate as we boarded, so we'll be hoping to have him as our driver with every bus we board. So far, the biggest differences between this race and a big race in the states: No free shirt! Wouldn't you think a supplier would be clamoring to offer 85,000 shirts? Apparently there is some market structure here that makes clothing quite expensive. I'll see if any local economists can explain it to me.

That's me, with very long legs for running and no torso to slow me down!

Charlie took me to the top of the Sydney Tower, which is only a block away from Town Hall and included in the Annual Aquarium Pass we purchased. Since he was there with Mike and Molly on Sunday, he was quite the tour guide.

No comments: