Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Mufti Day!

Our first Mufti Day! For a gold coin, you can wear whatever you want. Daniel wore his East Lansing Antibodies shirt from First Lego League last year. Charlie insisted on a picture that included him - he's off from school today.


"Mufti Day (also known as Casual Clothes Day, Casual Friday, Own Clothes Day, Home Clothes Day, Plain Clothes Day, Non-uniform Day, Free Dress Day, Civvies Day, Dress Down Day) is a day where schools allow the students and staff to come to school in casual clothing (instead of uniform). In return, students are usually required to pay a small fee."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mufti_%28dress%29

Amy, our friend who teaches religious studies, tells me a Mufti is also an Islamic scholar. Yep.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Always so glad to be helpful with my ever so useful knowledge. I think mufti REALLY means "drinks for teachers." I'm thinking of instituting it in my classes but I will call it "Muffy" day. On Muffy day all of my students can wear the preppy clothes that they hide in their closets to class in exchange for a coupon to the dairy store. Or, they can just give me gold coins.