Friday, August 12, 2011

Stage 1 Assembly

Charlie and I rushed back from the city in time for the Assembly that Molly's class lead at South Coogee Public School. This time they started with the school song, which, for reasons I cannot explain, makes me tear up - even when they're not all dressed in uniform!

Here I stand beside my friends, as we share with you our vision
Of a school were knowledge grows like leaves on trees
And I am proud to bear the name, of a school which gives me courage
To reach great heights yet bend and feel the breeze
This is my school, my place of hopes and dreams
My roots are deep, my branches full I do belong here, this vision includes me
Stand Tall Stand Tall
South Coogee Public School

Molly's class gave a presentation about Mini Beasts and Molly spoke the infamous words that will go down in South Coogee lore:

"They are called invertebrates. We have a backbone and we are called Vertebrates."

The camera was too full to get a video of her spoken words, but I was prepared for the possibility of an award coming her way and managed to capture most of it.