Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Goodbye South Coogee Public School

We got to school early today to take a few pictures of the wall art created by the Year 6 students. Luckily for us, they JUST hung it yesterday AND, they only finished hanging half of the art pieces, but Daniel's rain forest flower (large and smelly) made the wall!
The Artist, The Art and The Entourage

We turned all the uniforms into the uniform shop that we're not bringing home so that others can have the good fortune of finding the gently used version. The shorts I dropped off today weren't quite dry from being washed last night - it wasn't warm enough overnight for the drying rack to do it's work. We were there early enough for Molly to wait on the S1M benches for school to start. Her last day was an excursion to the Royal Botanic Gardens.
But first...she got to give out her gift from America - MSU playing cards, direct from the SBS Bookstore in East Lansing (thanks to my very kind friend who did the shopping and shipping for me!).


At the end of the day, I got there a little early to capture S3S on the camera. Daniel's buddy Benji is in the picture, but Dion was on the same excursion as Molly, so he's not in the picture.
We definitely were much less involved in the schools here than in Michigan, which has it pros and cons. For example, I cannot tell you a single kid's name in the picture above, except for Daniel/Dan. That said, there is no question that I'd export the uniforms to the US in a second (I emailed Molly's principle, jokingly requesting uniforms and she told me it would have to be a district wide decision - maybe I should email the superintendent :-)). You know, I'd export the school song too - still gets time every time to hear my kids singing it off key:

Here I stand beside my friends, as we share with you our vision

Of a school where knowledge grows like leaves on trees

And I am proud to bear the name, of a school which gives me courage

To reach great heights yet bend and feel the breeze

This is my school, my place of hopes and dreams

My roots are deep, my branches full

I do belong here, this vision includes me

Stand Tall Stand Tall

South Coogee Public School

School Song

No comments: